Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Toy Making

Hello!  We are students from James Ward, and today we are going to share how to make pet toys.  We love animals at Ward so we are making toys for our four legged friends out there. Also, we will give you tips on an easier made toy.  We want to help animals.  Mostly what we are trying to do is save cats and dogs, and make them feel like they're loved. Then show pictures of what we did.  So check this out!

How we made the sock toy:

First we collected the materials: socks, newspaper, and markers. To make it easier first draw little faces on the sock. Don't add too much color, it will make the dogs mouth look that color.  Then take a clean sock.  Take bunches of newspapers and stuff the sock.  We used newspaper because it would not hurt the pets.  Last part is to tie the sock.



How we made the braided toys:

At first we gathered the materials, such as towels, scissors, and t-shirts. Make sure the towels and t-shirts are clean.  Then we cut them into three strips.  Warning it can be messy.  Have someone hold one end while cutting because it makes it easier.  Next, we tied a knot.  Then, we braided it.  Here is a tip, if one person holds one end then the other person braids, it is easier.  You can also put something heavy on the one end when doing it by yourself.  At last, we tie another knot at the end.  Taaadaaa! 



Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed it and leave a comment.  Bye!




5 comments:

  1. GREAT blog!! I thought the information was very useful and I bet these were very fun to make. I can't wait to try it at home!!!

    Mr. Davis

    ReplyDelete
  2. You kids rock! Thank you for caring so much about animals - I love the toys and your blog. Keep writing about cool stuff! Your caring nature for animals is such a POSITIVE way to spread the word that they should be respected and loved. I will follow your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, kids! Showing your compassion for animals in need says a lot about your character. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the idea of turning my old towels and t-shirts into a great dog toy, can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dog Fattie loves playing with braided ropes. I think I will try making my old t-shirts into a toy. Wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete